Phone: (1-800) 219 9239 Fax (732) 734 0068
We are an Accredited Business
Patient/Costumer Bill of Rights/Responsibilities
At Mediplus Home Health, we believe that our patients/Costumers have rights and
responsibilities and we are committed to ensuring that we care for people respectfully,
safely, and in a quality manner.
As a patient/Costumer of Mediplus Home Health, you have the right to, which includes
but is not limited to, the following:
Patient/ Client Bill of Rights
1. To select those who provide your durable medical equipment and/or services.
2. To be provided with legitimate identification by any person or persons who enter
your residence to provide home care services for you.
3. To receive the appropriate or prescribed service in a professional manner without
discrimination relative to your age, race, sex, religion, ethnic origin, sexual preference or
4. To be dealt with and treated with friendliness, courtesy and respect by each and
every individual representing the company who provides treatment or services for you
and be free from neglect or abuse, be it physical or mental.
5. To assist in the development and planning of your home care program so that it is
designed to satisfy, as best as possible to your current needs.
6. To be provided with adequate information from which you can give your informed
consent for the commencement of service, the continuation of service, the transfer of
service to another home care provider, or the termination of service.
7. To express concerns or grievances or recommend modifications to your home care
service without fear of discrimination or reprisal. The Mediplus Home Heath hotline
number is 1-800 219 9239.
8. To request and receive complete and up-to-date information relative to your
condition, treatment, alternative treatments and risks of treatment.
9. To receive treatment and services within the scope of your home care plan, promptly
and professionally, while being fully informed as to company policies, procedures and
10. To refuse treatment and services within the boundaries set by law, and to receive
professional information relative to the ramifications or consequences that will or may
result due to such refusal.
11. To request and receive the opportunity to examine or review your medical records.
1. To provide accurate information, to the extent possible including such information
as your name, address, phone number, insurance information, etc.
2. To notify Mediplus Home Health . with changes with your medical needs.
3. To follow your medical treatment plan accordingly.
4. To treat all staff members of. Mediplus Home Health with respect.
5. To treat the durable medical equipment in your possession with respect.
6. To notify. Mediplus Home Health if you are hospitalized while you are renting
7. To notify Wheelchairs Unlimited, Inc. if you enter a Hospice program while you are
8. To notify Mediplus Home Health . if your place of residence changes, such as
moving to a nursing home (SNF), while you are renting equipment.
9. To notify Mediplus Home Health . when you will not be home at the time of a